Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Flowers?? For me???


I wanted to show you something I got in the hospital after the babies were born. No, I didn't get them from my hubby. I got them from Jeffrey. 3 purple carnations. Jeffrey was supposed to be getting Jennifer some lunch and apparently he got lost. He ended up at the hospital gift shop. When he returned to our room he had this vase of flowers for me and a vase of red roses for Jennifer. He handed them to us and said to Jennifer, "I got you red flowers because I love you." As he handed me my flowers he said, "I got you purple because you are my friend." How stinkin' sweet was that?? (Jeffrey knows I am not a flower person but I didn't even care. I thought it was soooo nice.) He's right!!! I have 2 wonderful friends now. We had a great time the last year and a half. When you spend 4 hours in the car going to doctor appointments you have plenty of time to get to know each other!! Good and bad:) I loved the time we spent together!!! Usually we laughed but we did have some really good conversation. We have spent time together 3 times since the babies have been born and I look forward to many more times!!!
Just so you know....my hubby did get me roses at the hospital but they died a long time ago. The flowers Jeffrey got are still nice and pretty even after 3 weeks and 3 days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment